Monday, September 28, 2015

Cats and Cute Animals

Cute Animals Pocket Letter


I shared my first pocket letter last week and today I'm back with my second one. The Pocket Letter Pals website is a great place to network with people from all over the world and every age. In fact this PL is for my teenage pen pal, Tiana. I asked what her fave colors are and she replied purple and green so that's the color scheme I went with. We mutually agreed on a cat and cute animals theme for our swap since we both love animals. :)

Here are a few close ups.

With every pocket letter you should include a greeting and a hello note. The dp worked well with the hello bubble printed on it and I spelled out friend with Glitz alpha stickers. A cute whale button was attached because all teenagers like buttons. :)  

For my "mail tag" pocket I asked her a few ?'s which she can message the answers to me. I'm pretty certain we'll exchange letters again and I'd like to get to know her a little better. The owl is a magnetic page bookmark so she can use it when studying or reading her fave book.

Also with every pocket letter you should share some facts about yourself with your pal. I altered a 7 Gypsies mini folder with washi tape and alpha stickers and included a letter with a few facts about me. There's a map on the back which shows where I live and a few quick facts about the lake I live on. This black cat sticker reminds me of my grandcat, Felix. Do you see the little mouse trying to hide?

 
I love this sweet llama and I decided to cut the sticker in two and continue it on the lower pocket. As you can see I decorated the spine of the pocket with washi tape, paper flowers and brads. The washi will remain but she can use the brads and flowers on a future project or decorate a journal, etc. for herself.

I adore foxes and we actually have a red fox that visits us regularly. It's always a treat when I see it trotting down the street or making its way to the lake to get some water. When we decided on the cute animals theme I knew I wanted a pocket with a fox and who doesn't remember this song lol. It was everywhere!


I filled the pack pockets with all sorts of goodies like brads, a key ring, stickers, vintage buttons, bling, baker's twine, washi tape samples and ephemera plus a cute paper clip. I couldn't resist sending a fox magnetic page bookmark as well. 


I really hope my pen pal, Tiana, likes her pocket letter because it was a joy to create!

I'll be back mid week with a mixed media angel that was inspired by Tamara LaPorte's Art, Heart and Healing e-course.

See you then,
Lisa xx



8 comments:

Tina Goodwin said...

This is adorable Lisa!

Words and Pictures said...

So cute - and it looks as though you had bags of fun (or pockets of fun!). I have to confess they're not my usual colours, but I bet Tiana adores this.
Alison xx

Sarah said...

What a feast for the eyes Lisa!! Such amazing detail...lucky pen pal!! xx

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! What a FUN and FAB thing to do! Of course she will LOVE it, Lisa!

Linda said...

Lisa, what a great pl for your teenage friend. I think she will love it. Can you share hers with us when you get it? I would love to see it, if you can....Linda E.

Adventures in Paperland said...

I plan to share all of the incoming pocket letters I receive Linda. :) Waiting on Tiana's to arrive then I'll have a post up. Have a great day!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Great set of PL cuties, Lisa! I'm sure Tiana will love them as much as I do! xx

Pia S said...

So cute and with plenty of fun details. What a fun trend! The fox song is actually made and performed by two Norwegian brothers:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...