Friday, May 6, 2016

A Mini in a Mini

 


Today I'm sharing a mini album which I'll place inside a mini album. Regina, owner/designer of The Cutting Cafe, asked the DT to create projects featuring albums from The Cafe for the design post tomorrow. With my daughter graduating from college next year I had the idea to create several mini albums that remind her of the wonderful vacations we've enjoyed as a family. That way she'll have her own set of photos to enjoy and a few keepsakes from mom. :) 


This mini is going to be used as a trip diary to record her thoughts and it will tuck inside the inner pocket of the front cover. I love the fun shapes of the - Mixed Shapes Album Book - at The Cutting Cafe so that's the cutting file I used. To create a sturdy base I used Silhouette chipboard and cut dp's from various Disney papers to layer on top. Two holes were punched so I could run a strip of polka dot ribbon through them to tie in a bow and it serves as easy binding that can be easily untied for her to decorate and journal. 

The back pages are white cardstock and I may go back and add lines to imitate notebook paper. 



Here's her Disney Mini Album which I'll share in detail next week on my blog. I created my own templates for everything and I'm pretty proud of myself lol. After I double check all of my measurements I'll be adding a page on my blog where you can access the templates for free. Here are a few sneak peeks of her first, yes first, Disney Mini Album.

 
The front cover features a Mickey Mouse postcard I bought at Walt Disney World on our last trip there. This is a chunky album so there will probably be a closure mechanism which I haven't added yet.  

This photo shows the spine and back cover. I went rogue on the way I attached my covers to the spine and I'll share more in detail about that next week. I love that the spine has the necessary give it needs after adding the chunky pages. :)

You can see how thick it is and I still have one more set of tri-fold pages to add. :) 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I love her mini so much I'm going to make one for myself so while I was cutting pages for her trip diary I made one for me as well. 

The binding is the same and I added a punched Mickey head to the first page like I did on hers. Only difference is a slight variation of the dp's I used. The Mixed Shapes Album Book is an awesome file and while it's cute as a mini you can also turn the pages and use them to create pockets. ;)


Okay, that's all for me today. I hope you'll check back next week when I share all of the pages, details and fun tips for my daughter's Disney Mini Album. Have a terrific weekend everyone and a very Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there. I'm off to spend the weekend with my kids and I can't wait. :-) 

Hugs,
Lisa


4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

Wow what a wonderful mini in a mini...great idea for your daughter...I had a precious friend that passed that loved mickey...this is a wonderful gift....hugs

Chrissy said...

Your mini albums are fantastic Lisa..gorgeous bright pages and I love Mickey Mouse.Cant wait to see it open and how you made it up..fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Tina Goodwin said...

Wow!!! These are so awesome!! And what a wonderful gift for your daughter! You are an awesome Mom! Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Pia S said...

This will surely be much treasured by your daughter, love the concept and one is never too old for Disney.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...