Friday, January 20, 2017

Valentine Swag Bag



Hello everyone, happy to be back here with a fun design team project for The Cutting Cafe. As most know here in the U.S. our 45th president was sworn in earlier today and like all presidential inaugurations I watched it live. Any time there's a new change in American leadership it's always inspiring to watch our seamless transition of power. Something I believe all Americans everywhere can be proud of! We thank the Obama's for their service and wish the Trump's the very best as they begin their new roles as our President and First Lady.

{the envelope w/heart is from the Mailbox Template...Cutting File}

Okay, moving on to my project which I'm super excited to share. A while back I found a video on You Tube featuring a swag bag. I guess I've been under a rock but it's the first time I'd seen one and was eager to try it. As a pocket letter pal I thought it'd be a fun way to share some happy mail with my pals and to make one for my daughter for Valentine's. This one is for her and I can't wait to give it to her next month. :) I placed the Heart Envelope Shaped Card Template...Cutting File on the front of my bag and for my purposes I used the card base and top envelope layer. It flips open to reveal more hearts which are also included in the file, as well as the small red hearts on the front. I added a pink polka dot magnet bookmark as she's an avid reader. I'll fill her name in on the banner closer to Valentine's. :)


I added a pocket at the bottom and a row of heart washi tape, gifted to me my a Pocket Letter Pal last year, was placed in the middle. A white gel pen and liquid dots finish the inside.


I tucked some crafty goodies my daughter can use for her college scrapbook. Of course closer to time I'll add some Sweet Tarts and her favorite chocolate bar. Candy is a must at Valentine's Day, right!?!


I used another file, Layered Stitched Hearts, to create a heart base for my wand. 


I attached the large stitched heart to a paper straw and added two Heidi Swapp gold foil hearts which I altered with distress ink, a pink glitter foam heart, and a cupid cut from red glitter paper. The cupid is from Silhouette's online store and I outlined my heart with liquid pearls, added an ephemera banner that says 'I love you' and popped up a heart shaped paper doily behind it. I'll attach a chocolate heart on the back for her to enjoy. 

The Cutting Cafe

That's my project share for the 21st DT post which will be up on The Cutting Cafe's blog tomorrow. Be sure to visit to see the many creative Valentine's Day projects by my DT buddies. If you leave a comment on that post you'll automatically be entered to win 3 FREE SETS of your choice. Regina will announce the winner on Feb. 7th. 

Thanks for the visit today, I have more swag bags to share next week right here on my blog as well as my outgoing/incoming pocket letters for November and December. Unfortunately with the busy holiday season I am terribly late in sharing those. 

Have a great weekend, wherever you are.
Lisa xx







4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is truly adorable my friend...i am in awe...

Creativehobbit81 said...

Oh Lisa, you made a fantastic swag bag! It looks wonderful and so lovely!

Ina Good said...

I love the heart envie and your swag bag is gorgeous...lucky daughter and pocket pal!!!

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! So many FABULOUS details, Lisa! LOVE it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...